Ascents essential oil nasal inhalers are used by clinicians in hospitals throughout North America to aid in patient comfort via symptomatic relief. They are easily administered either by clinicians or by patients themselves as deemed appropriate.
Ascents® clinical aromatherapy inhalers feature signature essential oil formulas packaged in our proprietary personal inhaler sachets. These sachets were designed based upon the principles of fluid dynamics, and utilize a special outer packaging to protect the oils from degradation, and a surgical foam inside to hold the oils.
When squeezed, the dimensions of the inner pouch permit the release of precisely-metered doses of therapeutic scent. Ascents® inhalers continue to dispense effective doses of aromatherapy for hundreds of uses per unit, allowing for discreet, convenient and effective relief at home or on the go for up to 30 days after opening.
Like aroma sticks, Ascents inhalers are especially loved by nurses and other medical professionals whose responsibilities include frequent contact with patients, in particular, those who provide comfort measures pre- or post-procedure. However, unlike aromasticks, they do not touch the nose or face, providing a more sanitary way for patients to experience the benefits of clinical aromatherapy.
HOW TO USE ASCENTS AROMATHERAPY INHALERS
1: Flip cover up to open the Ascents® clinical aromatherapy inhaler, and peel back the striped tab (do not remove tab completely).
2: Inhale three puffs by gently squeezing sachet to release the scent. For longest life, reseal sachet with striped tab before storing.
There is no concern of overdose; however for best results, wait 30-45 minutes to reuse.
Although there is no concern of overdose when used as directed, the effects of tranquilizers, anticonvulsants, and antihistamines may be slightly enhanced by some Ascents formulas. Please consult with a medical doctor or other medical professional to address any concerns before using.
Ascents® inhalers, like all essential oil-based products, require proper handling. Please note the following and always exercise appropriate precautions during use:
- Not for internal use
- Children should only use under adult supervision
- If pregnant, nursing, suffering from any medical condition or taking medication, consult a healthcare practitioner before use
- Dilute properly -- may irritate skin
- IF PRODUCT MAKES CONTACT WITH SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
- IF EYE CONTACT OCCURS: Rinse immediately with plenty of vegetable oil by opening eyes widely and irrigating
- IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CONTROL CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomiting unless advised to do so by a medical professional
- Flammable liquid and vapor -- keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces
- Store with lid on in a dry place, away from sunlight, in temperatures below 85 degrees F